Turmeric For Health Benefits
The beautiful bright orange-yellow turmeric colour comes from the element Curcumin which is a big source of anti-inflammatory compounds and a great immunomodulatory agent for a number of cells in our body. turmeric for health Benefits is countless. Turmeric contains lipopolysaccharides and endotoxins that boost immunity and lower the risk of colds, flu and various infections. Thus It helps to boost immune cell activity and fight against anti-inflammatory issues and support the generation of red blood cells.
Benefits of Turmeric (Haldi)
1)Turmeric helps in Immune Boosting
- Turmeric helps to build immunity stronger by increasing the immunomodulating capacity of the body.
- The main life-saving ingredient in turmeric is about 3-5 % of Curcumin; a phyto-derivative, which contains healing properties. It is the most abundant and active polyphenol in turmeric.
- It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and wound-healing effects.
- Curcumin boosts the body’s antioxidant capacity stronger.
2)Turmeric Helps in Healing powers
- Turmeric is known for its healing powers and immune booster.
- It contains Lipopolysaccharide, a substance with anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties that help stimulate the human immune system.
- Haldi Doodh is popular for boosting immunity.
3)Turmeric has Antiviral properties
- Curcumin’s antiviral properties help to fight against viral growth.
- Turmeric overthrows various inflammatory molecules which are responsible for the causes of damage by viruses.
4)Turmeric For Health Benefits
- Curcumin helps in reducing inflammation, relieves congestion and pain and improves breathing problems, bronchial problems like Sinsuits, Sinus, bronchial asthma, congestion of the nose, shortness of breath etc.
- Turmeric cleanses the respiratory tract, helps fight off infections and improves the overall health of the body’s cells. Its anti-inflammatory properties help to relieve colds, coughs, flu etc.
- In Ayurveda Turmeric is known as a holy spice which is used to heal wounds, release mucus, repel insects, ease inflammation etc.
- Research shows that high concentrations of curcumin decrease muscle damage due to exercise.
5) Turmeric Fight Against Pathogenic Microbes
- Turmeric extract fight against several pathogenic microbes, such as gastric-ulcer-causing Helicobacter pylori.
- Consumption of raw turmeric treats stomach ulcers and irritation.
6)Turmeric Has Antifungal properties
- Essential oils extracted from turmeric shows antifungal properties which help to relieve cough and prevent asthma and the generation of skin tumours.
- Benefits of turmeric in herbal medicine used to treat conjunctivitis, chicken pox, urinary tract infections and liver ailments.
7)Turmeric Lower Blood Sugar Levels
- Turmeric extract may reduce the cell-damaging effects of chronic hyperglycaemia in diabetes patients, purifies the blood, eliminate toxins from the body and regulate blood sugar levels.
- One study followed 240 adults with pre-diabetes taking a curcumin supplement over 9 months which lowered their diabetes.
8) Turmeric Improve digestion
- Turmeric is known to help with digestion, reducing intestinal gas produced by bacterial action on the waste matter in the intestines which increases abdominal pain.
- It promotes smoother digestion through the tract.
- It helps with improving appetite and improving liver functions.
9)Turmeric has Anti-inflammatory properties
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that could prevent chronic inflammation, joint pain, stiffness, and reduction of skin impurities.
- Its powerful antioxidant properties improve symptoms of depression, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis etc.
10)Turmeric Reduce menstrual cramps
- A recent study that followed women for three menstrual cycles in a row found that curcumin supplements helped ease PMS symptoms.
- A study on muscles from guinea pigs and rats suggests that turmeric could bring relief from menstrual cramps,
Uses of Turmeric
How To Make Immune-Boosting Golden Milk / Turmeric (Haldi) Milk
Add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric to 250 ml of warm milk and boil properly. Add 1/2 teaspoon honey(optional). Now drink the most efficient immunity-booster drink, Haldi milk.
Turmeric and especially its most active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s, cancer, depression and arthritis. Drinking turmeric water daily, especially in winter can help the body in defending against viruses. Turmeric’s medicinal benefits can be traced back to the time of Ayurveda. In Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric for health is believed to act as an antiviral, antibacterial and antiparasitic, and has long been used to help with diabetes, pain, rheumatism, osteoarthritis, memory and skin conditions like eczema.
In a 2017 paper in the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, A group of researchers concluded and claims that it can cure everything.
Related healthcare Articles
Give your opinion in the below comment box. If you want, you can also post your articles on my website www.mylifemyfiction.com through the post my blog menu.