Benefits of Onion Juice for hair growth
There are amazing benefits of onion juice for hair growth and its problem
- Hair regeneration – Onion juice is rich in sulphur, which is vital for regeneration of hair follicles(very small holes in the skin, from which hair grows) and also stimulate the production of collagen in tissue. Thus helpful in preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth.
- Inflamed, dry or brittle hair, itchy scalp – Onions contain anti-oxidants that help the body to protect from free radicals, which is responsible for destroying the hair follicles and lead to thinning and loss of the hair. Anti-oxidants also contribute to the ageing process and strengthen the hair by increasing the collagen formulation in the scalp and limit hair fall as well as create a natural shine for the hair.
- Thinning hair & scalp infection — Onion juice has antibacterial properties that help to kill germs , fight with scalp infections as scalp infection lead to hair loss . A healthy scalp is more likely to have strong hair follicles which prevents hair from thinning and adding volume to hair .
- Hair loss & dandruff -Onion boost blood circulation which increase blood supply to the hair follicles, rebuild hair follicles, replenish the nutrients lost from scalp, reduce inflammation and improve hair growth.
- Prematurely greying hair – Onion has natural and powerful antioxidants and the enzyme which battle premature greying of hair. Onion juice nourishes hair and simultaneously reduce the problem of white hair, dandruff, hair loss and getting them brown.
- Lice treatment-Onion juice or pulp, being pungent and helpful in lice treatment and will prevent infection in future.
onion juice helps stimulate scalp while nourishing it and boosting blood circulation. It will help tackle any scalp issues while also ensuring hair grows faster and thicker.When used regularly, onion paste or juice will not only nourish the hair. Over the period of time, this shine can become a permanent feature for long hair.
How to Use Onion Juice For Hair Growth
- Boil 4-5 onions in 1 litre of water. After cooling filtrate it and keep aside. Wash the hair with shampoo and then-after apply filtrate onion mixture to the scallop and hair. Using it 2-3 times a week will remove the problem of dandruff and falling hair.
- soak cotton pad with the onion juice and wipe scalp with it. Once entire scalp is covered, massage scalp gently for some time then leave it for 15 minutes to an hour. Thereafter wash hair with a mild shampoo. This will get rid of the hair loss and early whitening problem.
2. Lemon And Onion Juice
Take 1 tbsp Onion Juice and 1 tbsp Lemon Juice, mix the element until get a glossy batter. Apply this batter to scalp and gently massage in circular motions. Leave for about half an hour. Wash hair with a mild shampoo.It can be used 2-3 times a week.
Lemons contain vitamin C which helps with the production of collagen. The onion juice helps strengthen hair follicles and cure dandruff and infections of the scalp. It also balances the pH levels of scalp.
3.Potato And Onion Juice
Take 2 tbsp Potato Juice and 1 tbsp Onion Juice, mix them until get a mild mixture. Apply this mixture onto scalp and gently massage scalp in circular motions for about 10 minutes. Wash hair with a mild shampoo. It can be used on alternate days.
Potato juice is helpful in growth-boosting. It is an abundant source of nutrients such as vitamins B and C, and the minerals iron, zinc, and niacin. After mixing with onion juice it helps to nourish follicles, ensuring that hair grows out healthy.
4.Rum And Onion Juice
Take 1 bottle of Rum and 3-4 Medium Sized Onions , Finely chop the onions and soak them overnight in a bottle of rum. In the morning, take about a tablespoon of the onion-soak rum and apply it on scalp and gently massage scalp in circular motions for about 10 minutes. Wash hair with a mild shampoo.Frequency of uses are 2-3 times a week.
Rum with onions are frequently used for hair growth.
5.Garlic And Onion Juice
Take 1 tsp Garlic Juice, 1 tbsp Onion Juice and 1 tbsp Olive Oil. Mix them gently. Apply this solution onto scalp and gently massage scalp in circular motions. After an hour wash hair with a mild shampoo. It can be use on alternate days.
Garlic is rich in calcium, sulphur, and zinc, all of which are essential for hair growth. In combination with onion juice, it helps surprisingly.
6.Honey and Onion juice
Take 2 tbsp Onion Juice and ½ tbsp Raw Honey, combine both the factor until mix well. Apply this mixture onto scalp and gently massage scalp in circular motions. After half an hour wash hair with a mild shampoo. It can be used 2-3 times a week.
Honey is an lotion which moisturise to hair and skin. With onion juice, it helps boost hair growth.
7.Coconut Oil and Onion Juice
Take 2 tbsp Onion Juice,2 tbsp Coconut Oil and 5 drops Tea Tree Oil (for dandruff). Mix all the elements and made a smooth mixture.Apply this onto scalp and massage for sometime. Leave for about half an hour then wash with a mild shampoo. It can be used on alternate days.
Coconut oil has also antibacterial properties. It help boost the onion juice’s ability to nourish your scalp.
8.Olive Oil and Onion Juice
Take 3 tbsp Onion Juice and 1 ½ tbsp Olive Oil , Mix both of them until get a well-combined mixture. Apply this mixture onto scalp and gently massage in circular motions. Leave the oil on for about 2 hours.Wash hair with a mild shampoo.It can be used on alternate days.
Olive oil has excellent dandruff-fighting properties. It helps conditioning hair , leaving them with a silky shine while the onion juice boosts hair growth.
9.Castor Oil and Onion Juice
Take 2 tbsp Castor Oil and 2 tbsp Onion Juice, Mix them until get a well-combined mixture. Apply this mixture onto scalp and gently massage in circular motions. Leave the oil on for about an hour. Wash hair with a mild shampoo. It can be used on alternate days.
Castor oil is helpful for boosting hair growth, thicken hair, after combine with onion juice, it will ensure a reduction in hair fall and an increase in hair volume.
10.Egg and Onion Juice
Take 1 tbsp Onion Juice, 1 Whole Egg and 2-3 drops Rosemary/Lavender Essential Oil. Mix the onion juice with the egg to get a smooth mixture. Apply this mixture onto scalp and leave it for about 20-30 minutes. Thereafter wash hair with cool water and a mild shampoo.It can be used 1-2 times a week.
The high protein content of the eggs helps nourish hair and keep it healthy while the onion juice stimulates scalp to promote hair growth. The essential oil in the mix helps control the smell.
11.Ginger And Onion Juice
Take 1 tbsp Ginger Juice and 1 tbsp Onion Juice , Mix the ginger and onion juice. Apply this mixture onto scalp and gently massage in circular motions. Leave the oil on for about half an hour.Wash hair with a mild shampoo.It can be used on alternate days.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and helps boost blood circulation while minimizing hair loss and improving hair quality.
12.Yogurt and Onion juice Hair Pack
Yogurt helps fight hair fall and when added with onion juice, helps in the hair growth process. Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt and fresh onion juice in a bowl. Apply this hair mask on scalp and leave it for an hour. Thereafter wash with a mild shampoo.
Thus it is clear that onion juice is very helpful for hair growth and reducing hair problem.
Video On Onion Juice for Hair Growth and Hair Problem
Before applying the onion juice to the entire hair, try applying it on a small part of head. If feel itching or burning in that part of the head, then do not use above mention process.
Video On Onion Juice for hair Growth
Reference Hair Articles